- Available to all grade 1-8 students
- All core courses available
- Teacher, parent & student collaborate on individualized programs for each student
- Materials and resources provided
- Certified teachers available for tutoring, marking and evaluations
- Blended programs with other Chinook's Edge School Division school available
- Courses meet provincial curriculum requirements and are equivalent to courses offered in Alberta Schools
Off Campus Learning Centre
In the Off Campus program, the teachers supply materials, tutor, evaluate and assist with planning, organization and time management. Parents are encouraged to work in partnership with the staff to provide a sound education environment for their children.
Students may choose a combination of the Off Campus program and courses from a cooperating resident school. For example, a student may work on his or her core courses (Mathematics, English, Social Studies, and Science) through Off Campus while taking courses such as French, Band, and Art in a traditional school. These combination programs provide the flexibility required to meet student needs.
Home Education Program (HOMEbase)
In the Home Education Program parents are the primary instructors for their child's education. Our Home Education coordinator will visit the home twice yearly to evaluate and monitor student learning. Parents are able to choose the materials and methods used to educate their child. Parents must fill out Home Education registration form as well as documentation outlining their educational planning (see Home Education Handbook) for the year for each child they are homeschooling. Parents can do this at our office in Olds up until September 30th in order to recieve Home Education funding. HOMEbase offers families up to $900 per child per school year for home education funds. Receipts must be pre-approved before submitting.